[Chameleon] Same old install problem

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Wed Jun 2 15:11:29 EDT 2004

Matt and Jacob ... and probably others too ...

this is likely not a problem with your configuration, at least, not
directly.  The short answer is that we have discovered that this problem
occurs on systems that do not have PEAR installed with PHP.

There is a fix (besides installing PEAR, which should not be required).
  The latest CVS version of chameleon has been patched and I prepared
beta 2 today for internal testing, hopefully we should release it by the
end of the week.

In the mean time, if you are adventurous, you can apply the fix yourself
by opening chameleon/htdocs/WidgetManager.php in your favourite text
editor and modifying lines 29-31 that read as follows:

if (@require_once 'PEAR/Registry.php')
     $GLOBALS['gbPear']=true;
else

and comment these three lines out by doing the following:

//if (@require_once 'PEAR/Registry.php')
//    $GLOBALS['gbPear']=true;
//else

You MUST leave the next line as is

     $GLOBALS['gbPear']=false;

I'd appreciate if one or both of you could try this and let me know if
it fixes your problem.

Cheers

Paul