[Chameleon] adding a layer to an empty application

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 3 04:05:20 EDT 2004

Hi list,

we are trying to mimic the functionality present in geodata.gov website
with Chameleon, and one of the things that is present there, is searching
a catalog and viewing a selected layer in an empty web mapping viewer.
That's why we have implemented the CatalogSearch widget embedded.

I was thinking how this could be done in Chameleon. The thing that came to
my mind was the LayerFeatures widget, but then again this will probably
also get the WFS data instead of just opening a viewer with the correct
WMS Layer. So maybe the best option is to customize the LayerFeatures
widget.

Is there anything out of the box for this in Chameleon, and if not, does
anybody have some smart ideas on how this could be established?

Thanks in advance.