[Chameleon] adding a layer to an empty application

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Thu Jun 3 08:48:04 EDT 2004

Bart,

do you need full navigation of the selected layer or just an image?  If
just an image, you could use the same trick I used in the WMSBrowser,
which is to request the image directly from the wms server.  If you need
more functionality, I would suggest building a small Chameleon app that
does it, then building a widget to launch this app (as the WMSBrowser
and SECTPopup widgets do).

I am not sure if I understand all your requirements on this, perhaps I
am leading you down the wrong path.  We should chat about this at OSGIS,
over a beer!