[Chameleon] Test on Unix of 1.99 Install

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Thu Jun 3 17:44:42 EDT 2004

Eric, this looks like a 1.0 way of doing things :)

In the 1.99 way, you create a small php script (based on one of the
samples perhaps?).

You can set up some aliases in apache like this (the chameleon one must
come last for this structure to work):

Alias /chameleon/admin "/opt/chameleon/htdocs_admin"
<Directory "/opt/chameleon/htdocs_admin">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /chameleon/docs "/opt/chameleon/docs/html"
<Directory "/opt/chameleon/docs/html">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /chameleon/samples "/opt/chameleon/samples/htdocs"
<Directory "/opt/chameleon/samples/htdocs">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /chameleon "/opt/chameleon/htdocs"
<Directory "/opt/chameleon/htdocs">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

You will also need a tmp directory and a buttons directory.  The samples
are configured to expect /tmp/ms_tmp and /tmp/ms_tmp/buttons with an
alias /ms_tmp/ pointing to /tmp/ms_tmp/

Then in your configuration file, you would put in the appropriate values.

And finally, you could execute the sample apps by connecting to

http://localhost/chameleon/samples/

And it should work!  If it doesn't, I would suspect the configuration
file first.