[Chameleon] mapDHTMLwidget occasionally fails

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Jun 3 21:40:55 EDT 2004

Actually, when it happens, it happens instantly (1 second). In other words,
the failed-image occurs immediately as the image began loading. I have not
seen it happen in Mapserver, only chameleon. It happens much more in
explorer than Firefox/mozilla. With a JPEG quality of 100, it happens
roughly about 1 in 10 times (depending on the mood of my computer).
The URL is valid (if I understand correctly, the url to the image is pretty
constant in each session anyway if the page is not resubmitted).
If I try the URL in another browser, it usually shows up after a long time.
It appears the 'session' is stuck on the server. In version 1.0.4, other
images often don't show either on the first load of the page (compasspoints,
etc.). Again, only with apache.
I think it's just a matter of the browser requesting things from the php
document that the server has not yet been able to create. Is there a way to
make the server wait with serving the php page until certain elements have
been created?

Jacob