[Chameleon] MapTips Widget

Dave Astolfo dastolfo1 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jun 6 12:55:58 EDT 2004

Thanks Jason that did the trick...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Fournier [mon, ailto:jfournier at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 10:48 AM
To: Dave AstolfoJas
Cc: chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [Chameleon] MapTips Widget

Dave,

Under your Chameleon install there is a samples directory.  In that
directory are several example templates which showcase various widget
packs.  Assuming you are using Apache you can create an alias to
conveniently view the sample index in your browser.  Here is my conf
file for Chameleon (note that I am using ms4w):

Alias /chameleon/samples "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/htdocs"

<Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/htdocs">
  AllowOverride None
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /chameleon/ "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/"

<Directory "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/">
  AllowOverride None
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

For IIS you would create a Virtual Directory pointing to
/path/to/chameleon/samples.

The indexes for each sample application are preconfigured to use the
directory structure of Chameleon!  Hitting
http://localhost/chameleon/samples in your browser should take you to
the samples index page.  From there you can view and experiment with a
number of Chameleon template configurations - both basic and advanced.

Thanks,
Jay