[Chameleon] save button in ExpressionBuilder

William A. Bronsema wbronsema at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 15 07:59:14 EDT 2004

I discussed this with Bart at the MUM2/OSGIS meeting, but for everyone's
benefit:

The save button was added to allow the current list of expressions to be
saved as metadata to the "active layer" without having to apply a
filter/expression.

What I mean be this is that suppose the user has just created an
extensive list of expressions for a particular layer and then needed to
close the expression builder WITHOUT having to apply the
filter/expression.  The only options would have been to apply the
filter/expression (which would save the expression list) or cancel
(which would lose the list).  By adding a save button, the user can
create expressions without having to change the current filter or apply
a new one.

Make sense?

Regards,
Bill

> Subject:
> [Chameleon] save button in ExpressionBuilder
> From:
> bartvde at xs4all.nl
> Date:
> Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:30:10 +0200 (CEST)
> To:
> chameleon at lists.maptools.org
>
> To:
> chameleon at lists.maptools.org
>

> Hi list,
>
> I still don't understand the meaning of the Save button in the
> ExpressionBuilder.
>
> When I press it, the page is submitted but nothing happens.
>
> What is this button supposed to do, and I am missing any dependencies for
> this in my template?
>
> I am using the 1.99 beta 1.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart