[Chameleon] Using the Chameleon Wiki

Godwin, Liz Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Thu Jun 17 16:32:33 EDT 2004

I've added a heading, and started a list of users on the front page.  I
think it would be great if we added our names there so we can see who
the active users are.  I've also linked my name to a wikipage so that I
can keep some notes.  Names would be a start, and maybe location to get
a feel for world-wide useage?

Cheers,

Liz

-----Original Message-----
From: chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Paul Spencer
Sent: June 17, 2004 3:05 PM
To: chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Chameleon] Using the Chameleon Wiki

All,

you can access the Chameleon wiki at:

http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/FrontPage

The installation instructions are linked from that page, the direct link
is:

http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/ChameleonInstallationInstructions
?action=show

Regarding use of the wiki, right now the structure of the wiki is poor
and it is not being maintained at all.  However, all is not lost.
Darren Redfern is currently in the process of designing a new, community

oriented site using the wiki but with a lot of thought put into the
structure.

In the mean time, we are going to use the current wiki to dump in
existing information to give him some place to start from in terms of
content.

If anyone is interested in contributing, log into the wiki and start
adding stuff.  If you are really intimidated by it, send the notes to me

in PLAIN TEXT format and I will insert it into the wiki.  If you don't
know where to put it, edit the main page and put a WikiWord there to
link to your subject, save the page, then click your new link to
generate a new page to put your stuff into.

I'd really recommend that we keep the structure flat right now, all
pages linked from the main page if possible, and let Darren decide how
it can all be arranged as part of his work.