[Chameleon] Using the Chameleon Wiki

Darren Redfern darren_redfern2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:31:52 EDT 2004

Thanks for sending this message around Paul. And thanks, Liz, for starting
the ball rolling. :-)

As Paul mentioned, we are indeed working on improvements to the Chameleon
Wiki and the Chameleon Community in general. I gave a presentation at the
recent OSGIS/MUM2 conference where I discussed ideas with some Chameleon
community members. I am going to be talking to my "team" at DMS about the
observations we all gathered at the conference, then run some ideas by the
people here to get an idea on how *we'd* like to proceed.

But rest assured that one of the things that I learned at the recent
conference is that the Chameleon Community (that's you) want to help build
and structure the Community tools that are created for it. I think that's
ideal and I'll be posting messages to this list in the coming weeks asking
for contributions and collaboration - and sharing of information in every
possible direction.

In the meantime, I highly endorse Liz's idea of people who want to be active
in the community dropping their names and information at the current Wiki:

http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/

Rest assured that whatever information you put there will be used to further
our new Community design or will end up in the "right" place in the new
structure we all create.

I am really looking forward to the evolution of our Community and think
we'll all see great strides forward during the coming months. :-)

Thanks.

Darren

Darren Redfern
Product Manager