[Chameleon] using my own data with Chameleon

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 22 17:24:25 EDT 2004

Hi David,

firstly, maybe changing the subject line of the e-mail once in a while may
help :)

Serving your own data with the sample application (I would suggest using
sample_basic to start with) would involve editing the MAP file that these
"non-OGC" samples use:

c:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\samples\map\chameleon.map

Place your own shapefiles in:
c:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\samples\data

and start editing the chameleon.map file to add them (add LAYERs).

I don't know if your shapefiles are in the same projection as the samples
are (=epsg:42304).

Try studying the Mapserver MAP file documentation if you get stuck:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/mapfile-reference.html

If you get this far, the next step would be building your own Chameleon
application and pointing to an application MAP file with only your own
data. Then deciding on whether you want local data in Chameleon or data
served through OGC:WMS/OGC:WFS.