[Chameleon] Legend template/xml structure

Godwin, Liz Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Jun 29 08:39:03 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,

I personally prefer the HTML legend templates to the XML templates.
They work well for me.

At the MapServer site there is a good document with examples.  This with
some trial and error, taught me what I need to know.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/html-legend-howto.html

I have made some complicated HTML legend files that support groups,
layers and classes, and I have weak support for WMS layers as a
workaround for Mapserver not yet doing this automatically.  If you are
interested I can post these.

Liz Godwin

-----Original Message-----
From: chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Ken Sanderson
Sent: June 28, 2004 4:42 PM
To: chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Chameleon] Legend template/xml structure

Hello all. Now that I have chameleon up and functioning, as well as
created a map file using Maplab I wanted to jump into doing some
modifications to my legend.

I have a layer with multiple class objects that I also want to show up
in the legend. Basically it's a polygon layer that is displayed by an
attribute value. Displays well, but the legend just displays the top
color rather then each of the potential attribute colors.

So I have been looking at the legendtemplate widget, along with the
legend_template.html file, and further the sample_themes.xml file,
trying to decide whats the best way to go about this and I have a few
questions.

Is there any documentation on the scripting in the legend_template.html
file, such as variables, what opt_flag is for and what other options you
have there, what is the isset operator, etc? Same for the xml page, is
there a schema for it? If I wanted to include classes is there a <class>
object? Can you put a <group> within a <group>?

Thanks,

Ken