[Chameleon] create multi point on map

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 29 20:14:13 EDT 2004

Mickel,

It sounds as though what you are looking for is not Chameleon-based req but rather a data
access issue.  Using OGR (built into PHP/MapScript for instance) it is possible to
specify a layer in your mapfile that connects to an ODBC datasource (ie, you database).
MapServer and OGR do the work of getting the points out of the database and plotting them
on the map.  Does this sound similar to what you'd like to achieve?  If so then there are
several examples of how to go about it ... I'd be more than happy to help out along with
the rest of the list.

Thanks,
Jason

On Jun 29, mickel delay <mickeldelay at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear list
>
> i want to fech multi location from database and then
> show these location in my maps with symbols.
> i see an example in chameleon user list that describe
> creating CWC
> syntax:(<a href='http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/chameleon/2004-
January/000285.html'>http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/chameleon/2004-
January/000285.html</a>)