MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Query by rectangle

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:17:48 -0500
Hans,

we have added a couple of new widgets that may be of interest to you:

ROICircleTool - allows the user to draw a circular regions of interest
ROIPolygonTool - allows the user to draw arbitrary polygonal regions of
interest

This adds to the existing ROIRectangleTool (no points for guessing what
it does ;)).

There are also the following widgets:

ROIManager - no UI, just put in page to make other ROI widgets cooperate
ROIManagerMode - can have one of three modes:

normal - puts the ROIManager into normal mode, only a single ROI can be
active at a time and drawing a new ROI replaces the existing one
add - puts the ROIManager into add mode, ROIs accumulate so you can
define mutliple regions
subtract - puts the ROIManager into subtract mode, new ROIs are removed
from the existing (cumulative) ROI allowing for the creation of holes.

So as things stand, you would put one each of the Tool widgets, an
ROIManager widget and optionally three ROIManagerMode widgets into a
template to activate the full functionality.

There will be (shortly) an ROIFeatureTool which will create an ROI from
a feature in the selected layer when the user clicks in the feature
(with the tool selected) ... needs SelectLayers widget to select layer
unless widget is configured to work on a fixed layer name ... this could
be useful for you?

As you know, the ROI widgets define a Region of Interest separately from
the current view region and other widgets can use this Region of
Interest as they wish.

Currently only the expression builder and extraction widgets use the
ROI.  Both work with remote WFS data sources.  I would imagine that the
ROIs can also be used with query widgets ... so I would expect that the
'third' mode of the query widget would be query by ROI.

Most of this is in CVS and appears to work ... only the ROIFeatureTool
is not there yet.