MapTools.org

[Chameleon] setup problem

we wei mapgisnewbies@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:48:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I have just set up the demo of CWC2 on Linux and
everything works pretty well.  However, I got a
problem when I used projection widget.   After I
picked a projection and then click OK, it pop-up a
window and said "Downloading UpdateMap.php ... You
have chosen to download a file of type:
application/x-httpd-php-cgi"
I just wonder if it is the php installation issue.  I
followed

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RedHat9AndMapserver40

to setup Mapserver and PHP and I didn't use the PHP
that come with RedHat 9.0.

And then in httpd.conf,  I add in the following two
lines for PHP:
AddType application/x-httpd-php-cgi .php .php4 .phtml
Action  application/x-httpd-php-cgi /cgi-bin/php433

But I don't have LoadModule php4_module
modules/libphp4.so since this PHP is the version that
comes with RedHat.

I suspect that it maybe the PHP installation/setup
problem or it maybe something else causes this
problem.  I am new to the Mapserver/CWC2 installtion;
could anyone give me some idea on this problem ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.