[Chameleon] Image optimisation

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Mon May 3 00:41:51 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Just a few questions that I hope someone can answer; Is there any way to
manipulate whether a browser makes use of the 'progressive' option in JPG
files? When I use Firefox / Mozilla to open our chameleon site, it shows the
mapimage progressively (from a big blur to a sharp map), almost straight
from the beginning. This gives people the feeling that it's faster than it
really is (which is great!). But it only loads it progressively the first
time. After that, changes to the image extent don't make it load
progressively anymore. Also, I have never seen it load progressively in
explorer. Does anyone know more about that?

The other thing.... Is it possible to change imagetype (GIF / JPEG) on the
fly? I only want to use JPEG when I use an image in the background. Is it
possible to change this dynamically?

Regards,

Jacob