[Chameleon] WMSBrowser: SRS

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Thu May 6 08:39:37 EDT 2004

Bart,

bartvde at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> great.
>
> I have another question about the WMSBrowser widget.
>
> Our customer wants a situation in which not every user of an application
> has rights on the Manage Servers widget. But all users should have access
> to the WMSBrowser widget in order to be able to add external layers to
> their application.
>
> Is there an easy way to use a widget parameter to optionally include the
> "Manage Servers" into the WMSBrowser dialog?

um ... there are two modes of operation, one where the widget modifies
the actual cache, and one where the cache is copied to the users session
and changes made by the user only persist for the session.

USEUSERSESSION=[true|false]

in the WMSBrowser widget tag.

We could also add a 'MANAGESERVERS=[true|false]' but the question would
be how to control that on a user basis ... are the users coming from a
portal?  If yes, then I see two choices:

1. two application templates chosen based on user, one which allows
editing and one which doesn't

2. use template replacements as in:

USEUSERSESSION="[$bManageServers$]"

The value of [$bManageServers$] will be replaced with the value of
bManageServers from the URL (get or post) request ...

(same could be done if we put in a 'manageservers=[true|false]'

> BTW: there is a small javascript error in mapbrowser_iframe_en.html:
>
> if (obj.options[i].value == documents.forms[0].WMSSERVERS.value)
>
> documents should be document (you won't notice it in Mozilla, but in IE it
> prevents the Manage Servers dialog from popping up).

found that yesterday, fix in cvs :)