[Chameleon] Trouble with zooming

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 8 23:09:55 EST 2004

> I just tried this.  I do note that the legend template is failing to
> load for some reason, this normally indicates an incorrect path ;)

Do you mean in cwc2.xml and chameleon.xml config files?  Or could paths
elsewhere be a problem?

> Zooming appears to work for me, although I am on dial up and the map
> seems to be erratic ... the scale bar is updating correctly, as are the
> latitude and longitude.

No way.  I won't believe it :)  Is there a session stored somewhere I should
toast to make it work for me?

> Can you tell me what browser you are using?
> Note that Chameleon only really works reliably in IE and netscape 6+
> right now (although I have reports of Safari working reasonably well,
> and Opera also seems to work except for the wait image not going away).

Well,  I've tried it on Mozilla 1.6 (~= netscape 5?), Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3
and in KDE's Konqueror browser.  My app didn't work in either of them.
HOWEVER, it looks to be a problem with my template, since if I use another
template (sample_cwc2.html) it works okay with my context:
http://spatialguru.com/cwc2/cwc2.php?service=VCG&request=GetApplication&version=0.1.0&LANGUAGES=en-CA&TEMPLATES=sample_cwc2.html&CONTEXTS=world_context.xml

Note world_context.xml is my own creation, but seems to work okay with the
sample template.  Although I get this error when zooming in:
"maturity_level not found. Returning default value." (I'll try not to take it
personally)  But the map draws fine.

> To help debugging, you can change your form to method="GET" and then you
> can see the URL that is being requested when the page submits, this
> might help me also ...

On the original one (which I'll kindly set aside now :)  I changed method to
"GET" and now I see the details.  Nothing stands out as a problem there to
me.

Thanks for helping me find my legs.

Tyler