[Chameleon] popup from rectangle

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Tue Nov 9 19:51:46 EST 2004

Hi again.  I'm trying to make a query-like widget that pops up a results
window based on a point OR a rectangular selection on the map.  The
Query widget seems to handle the point by just opening up a new window
and passing it the values in the form variables MAP_CURSOR_POS_X and
MAP_CURSOR_POS_Y.  I've been doing my newbie best to sift through the
code and find out how the corner coord. of that DHTML rubber-band box
gets translated into form variables before the form is submitted by
something like ZoomIn, but to no avail.  Can anyone tell me how one
accesses both coordinate pairs for a rubber-band box with JavaScript?

-Ken-ichi