[Chameleon] Enigmatic Warning Messages

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:09:38 EST 2004

Hello All,

I'm not certain whether this is a Chameleon issue or a MapServer
issue, but it seems like something to resolve with the Chameleon
files...

I am getting the error messages:

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\TrueNorth\TrueNorth.widget.php
on line 196

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\TrueNorth\TrueNorth.widget.php
on line 197

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msCalculateScale(): Invalid image
extent, minx=0.000000, miny=0.000000, maxx=0.000000, maxy=0.000000. in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\TrueNorth\TrueNorth.widget.php
on line 203

I am not (by any means) a programmer, and I haven't been able to
determine from where these errors stem.  I tried commenting out the
TrueNorth widget section in the Chameleon html template file, but
received the same errors.

Everything was working well until I tried to add my Chameleon and
MapServer files to another computer (both my home computer and the new
computer are set up with ms4w) and began getting these errors.  I
compared the file setup to that of my home computer and couldn't see
anything different that I thought could cause these errors.  Out of
curiousity, I uninstalled ms4w and Chameleon on my home computer and
reinstalled them to see what would happen - and now I am getting the
same errors at home.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to resolve this issue?  I
thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!

Jennifer Zeisloft
(Sea Grant - UW-Madison)