[Chameleon] Maptools dowtime...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Nov 20 09:48:36 EST 2004

(Sorry for the cross-posting.)

Good morning,

As you probably noticed already, some of the maptools websites and
services were unavailable in the last 2 days, including this mailing
list. What happened is that in the night of Wednesday to Thursday, the
maptools server has been broken into and all the websites on the server
were "defaced". No data was lost, but we couldn't take any chance and
had to rebuild a new server from scratch including all the latest
security patches of course. This meant reinstalling and restoring all
services one by one (CVS, mailing lists, wikis, bugzilla, etc.), that's
why it has taken so long to restore everything.

As I'm writing this, the only service that's still missing is Bugzilla
and it should be back up soon.

Thanks for your patience

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca