[Chameleon] Can Chameleon do Cascading WMS?

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Fri Oct 1 18:19:01 EDT 2004

I have been doing some reading on projections with WMS layers, given I
am having problems with using a custom projection with my client. As I
understand it, my client can only access WMS layers that have defined my
projection in their <SRS> list, so many WMS layers may not be available
to you depending on the projection of your client. Is this a correct
understanding? Is there any default projection that all WMS layers can
be accessed by?

At any rate I was reading and found a term called cascading WMS, in
which you accepted the WMS layer in any projection you are able to
handle, ie in your EPSG, and then reproject it locally to your client
projection. Are there any widgets for doing this in chameleon?

Thanks,

Ken