[Chameleon] MapTips widget

Joel Rivard jrivard at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Oct 5 09:33:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I've been testing the MapTips widget with the sample app with ms4w.

>From my understanding and playing with this widget, it doesn't seem to
do maptips of line features (Maybe I need to change some code
somewhere).  I used the widget as is (the button and the dialog box)
and tried rolling over the rail shapefile while using the "company"
field.  All that was returned was:

COMPANY:[COMPANY]

While using the popplace point feature, everything works great with the
widget as is.
Now, I've enabled the layer attribute for this widget.

Upon changing it and adding the layer and attributes, so that the
maptips is set to a default, the same result happened as with the lines.

NAME:[NAME}

This is what I changed in the html:

<!-- MAPTIPS -->
Layer="popplace" Attributes="Name" maptipsdiv="MapTipsLayer" label="Map
Tips" styleresource="TextButtons" popupstyleresource="TextButtons"
popupwidth="500" popupheight="450" image="images/icon_maptips.png">
              <image state="normal"/>
              <image state="selected"/>
              <image state="hover"/>
          </cwc2>

When I did the same with the rail feaure (changed layer="rail"
Attributes="Company"), I get the following error message.

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByRect(): No matching record(s)
found. in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\MapTips\MapTips.widget.php on
line 378

Can anyone help me understand how to set the maptips for a line layer.

Cheers,

Joel