[Chameleon] Hawaii Demo

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Mon Sep 13 16:23:16 EDT 2004

Robin,
I haven't used this yet, but you  might glean some value from looking at
the Open Internet Geomapping Framework (Open IGF).  It's available at the
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) site.  I don't have the
reference handy, but a search for "IGF UNBC" should get you started.  I
think they use the exact kind of legend you are describing - but I haven't
gotten there yet.  Now, how to bring that functionality into Chameleon is
another question I can't help you with yet :)

Tyler
chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org wrote on 09/13/2004 12:46:50 PM:

> Robin,
>
> Perhaps the sample_enhanced_themelegend.phtml application in the samples

> directory of Chameleon could help shed some light.  It uses the XML
> Theme Legend to showed grouped layers.  The example is a relatively
> simple implementation .. you can get as complex as required ;)
>
> Jason
>

> Robin Robin wrote:
> > ok, I've looked at the wiki legend How to document and also at the xml

> > legend example.  Neither of these provides the kind of legend I am
> > looking for.  I am hoping to create some sort of tree legend,
preferably
> > with arrows that you can click and the "folder" will open up,
revealing
> > more "folders" and eventually, layers, that can be turned on and off.
> > Has anyone done this?  They don't necessarily have to open when
clicked,
> > they could be open all the time, but what is most important is the
> > various levels of grouping.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Robin
> >

> >> From: "Ken Sanderson" <ken at rockies.ca>
> >> To: "'Robin Robin'"
> >> <querada499 at hotmail.com>,<chameleon at lists.maptools.org>
> >> Subject: RE: [Chameleon] Hawaii Demo
> >> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:21:23 -0600
> >>
> >> There is a bit on HTML legends in the wiki pages. For the XML legend,
> >> which is what I think the Hawaii demo uses, you could check out the
> >> sample in the samples folder.
> >>
> >> Ken

Robin