[Chameleon] Closing child windows

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Mon Sep 13 22:32:33 EDT 2004

Scott,

there is currently no mechanism for this in Chameleon and I think it
would be tricky to implement right if we also wanted to track window
handles of open popups etc because it would have to use the onunload
event of the window to do its work, but would have to know that the
window was being closed rather than just reloaded due to a page submit
(for instance).  I'm sure we'd run into cases where it was impossible to
trap the refresh of the page without closing the popup dialogs.

A more reliable solution that I would like to try out is to load popups
into an iframe on a floating div in the main application page ... this
would be an alternative to the popups that are currently used and would
avoid this type of problem.  However, it would also introduce new
problems :(

I'll put some thought into the window handle problem and see if I can't
come up with something for you.