[Chameleon] JSTreeView

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri Sep 17 09:12:14 EDT 2004

Robin ...

there is no documentation at this point.  The JSTreeView widget uses a
javascript/DHTML tree menu system that we obtained from somewhere (?).
It is set up to be initialized from a SharedResource widget that has its
javascript mode enabled:

<cwc2 type="SharedResource" name="MyTreeResource" enablejs="true"/>

The SharedResource needs to be filled out by some other widget.
Currently the only use of this in Chameleon is the WMSCache widget.  The
WMSBrowser widget uses the WMSCache widget in conjunction with
SharedResource widgets and the JSList and JSTreeView widgets to build
the WMSBrowser app.

I do hope to document how this all works at some point but I really
don't have time right now.  My best suggestion at this point is for you
to start with the WMSBrowser/WMSCache widget to see how it all works.

The other thing that "should" work is to put stuff directly in the
shared resource in the template, as in:

<cwc2 type="SharedResource" name="MyTreeResource" enablejs="true">
<level1 ...>
   <level2 ...>
     <level3 .../>
   </level2>
</level1>
</cwc2>

and use that ... perhaps I will try to mock up an example of this
working ...