[Chameleon] Using shapes drawin using ROI tools

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 1 08:34:03 EST 2005

Mike,

the ROI tools can be used for this.  The ROI tools offer you the ability
to define rectangles, circles, polygons and to select features from
existing layers.  The geometry of the ROI(s) are stored in a session
variable $_SESSION['ROIRENDERER'].  Check out
htdocs/widgets/ROIManager/ROIRenderer.php for details on how this array
is structured and used to draw ROIs on the map.

The strategy I would use would be to create a widget that submits the
page and sets a form variable to indicate that it was pressed.  The
ParseURL function can then check for the contents of the session
variable ROIRENDERER and create appropriate SQL to query the database
from it.  Depending on what you want to do with the results, you have
several options.  To display tabular results, you can put the results of
the query into a sharedresource and have the table widget display them.
   Or you can have your widget output the results directly.

Cheers

Paul