[Chameleon] WMS Layer Selector

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Tue Apr 19 12:19:48 EDT 2005

	Is there a way of incorporating something like the WMSBrowser widget in an application, without having to implement a popup style of window/interface? I would like to be able to provide a static list of available WMS servers, and allow users to select layers from each of these servers depending on their needs.

	If this is not possible, is there a way to incorporate multiple WMS layer names into a single layer object within a map file? WMS servers for both British Columbia and Ontario provide a great deal of information, but I do not want to have 100+ layer objects in my map file to manage.

	On a related note (perhaps this would be more appropriate in the MapServer list), if there are a great deal of layers in the map file, will the implementation of a wms_extent metadata tag keep MapServer from making a request to the WMS server, if the layer is outside of the requested map extent?

	Thanks for any suggestions,

Timothy Pascoe

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)
L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6025
Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.