[Chameleon] Image format of map

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Thu Apr 28 08:01:30 EDT 2005

Paul,

I totally agree with your last paragraph.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> 04/28/05 01:57pm >>>
I think we need a way to control this from the application rather than
only being able to do it through the configuration file.  In fact, you
actually can change it in the index.phtml file but it requires some
mapscript to do it.

The original reason for having it in the configuration file was because
we were working only with Web Map Context documents so there was no map
file to start with ... hence no image format.

I think a reasonable change would be for chameleon to use the map file
image format and to move this configuration parameter into the cwc2.xml
file so that it only affects the service instance mode.

Comments and suggestions welcome

Paul