[Chameleon] Image format of map

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Apr 28 18:28:20 EDT 2005

Paul,
A while ago I made a change that allows the image format to change on the
fly (based on layer-use). It wasn't very hard to do, so it could probably be
controlled by the user during a session easily.
I think it might be useful to automatically force 24bit colours when a
full-colour dataset is loaded. This is how I have it set up for our sites.
By default it uses 8bit gif. It picks up a metadata tag which specifies
whether to force 24bit jpeg. But perhaps chameleon could detect
automatically whether a full-colour image is in use.
Maybe the config file could be changed, such that you can set "image_type"
to "auto", so that it will do that.
regards,
Jacob
JACOB DELFOS