[Chameleon] MapNotes Map Update Problem

matt.palavido at cleargis.com matt.palavido at cleargis.com
Fri Aug 5 15:20:49 EDT 2005

Bill,

Thanks for the information. I did as you suggested and took a look at the
files in tmp folder. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary but I
could be missing something. The only two things I noticed were for the map
notes layer it had a template "ttt" line and the data path was missing the
"c:". I tried the same test using the enhanced smaples widget with
identical results in the temporary map file but the image gets generated
without any problem. Here is the MapNotesAnnotation syntaxt that was
generated if that helps at all:

  LAYER
    CLASSITEM "id"
    DATA "/ms4w/tmp/sess_42f3b83af1150/b5f102a963b25cdc85e100d99e320801"
    LABELITEM "label"
      METADATA
        "layer_index"	"6"
        "LEGEND_ORDER"	"6"
      END
    NAME "MapNotesAnnotation"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS ON
    TEMPLATE "ttt"
    TOLERANCE 5
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE POINT
    UNITS METERS
    CLASS
      EXPRESSION ([id] = 1)
      LABEL
        ANGLE 0.000000
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        FONT sans
        MAXSIZE 256
        MINSIZE 4
        SIZE 10
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 204
        BACKGROUNDSHADOWCOLOR 0 0 0
        BUFFER 3
        COLOR 0 0 0
        FORCE TRUE
        MINDISTANCE 100
        MINFEATURESIZE -1
        OFFSET 6 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
        PARTIALS TRUE
        POSITION CR
      END
      METADATA
      END
      STYLE
          COLOR 0 0 0
        MAXSIZE 500
        MINSIZE 1
          OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
        SIZE 8
        SYMBOL "circle"
      END
    END
  END

Also, I opened up the shapefile using some GIS software and it looked as
though it was fine. I'm positive this is something really simple I'm just
not seeing...its like staring at one of those 3d posters where the image
is uspposed to appear:) Thanks again!

Matt