[Chameleon] MapNotes Map Update Problem

William Bronsema wbronsema at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 5 13:54:27 EDT 2005

Hi Matt,

The easiest way to try and debug this is to check the temporary mapfile that
has been generated by chameleon.

Are you familiar with the temp session files that get created with
chameleon?  Run the application to the point at which it breaks and then
look in you chameleon temp directory (check your config/chameleon.xml file
to see where the temp directory is) and find the last temp session directory
that has been created.  The directory will be named sess_xxxxxxxxxxxxx where
the 'x' represent a unique session identifier (ie. sess_42dfb73fc846b).  In
there you will find a temp mapfile.  Open the mapfile and look for the
MapNotesAnnotation layer.  Check to see if its definition contains any
anomalies.

Also you will find that a temporary shape file has been generated in the
same temp directory and should be referenced by the MapNotesAnnotation
layer.  Check the shape file to see if it is valid.

Between the map and shape files, you should be able to track down the
problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Bill