[Chameleon] Pan Widget Update Request

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:55:41 EDT 2005

Paul, et. al.,

I have some other images on top of the map very much the same way the
ROI tools do their magic.  When panning, these images stay put while
the map moves around under it.  It creates quite the eyesore.  The
easiest way to fix this is simply make the other images invisible
during the pan operation.

So what I need is a way to sense the beginning of a pan operation.
Can we add this event (and for completeness, also include an OnPanEnd)
to the pan widget?

I could easily hack the code and make a custom version of the pan
tool, but we're worried about the implications this has for doing
Chameleon updates.

I'll even volunteer to write the code if someone could point me to an
example of a  widget that adds it's own events to the JSAPI AND if
this will definitely be rolled into the Chameleon code.

Thanks for the help as always.
-Abe