[Chameleon] newbie question

He, Matt Yubin mhe at itsc.uah.edu
Tue Aug 16 13:03:33 EDT 2005

Thanks Jay:

            I have solved this problem. The layer name in map file was
different from the layer name in themes.xml file. After I corrected
layer names, the legend layer was gone. However, I still did not know
why it showed two layers. (Maybe the legend layer was default, and when
XMLTheme layer was not defined correctly, it showed legend layer?)

            I have another questions, maybe you know the answer. I am
trying to develop a widget that can save the map content for future use.
I already have my Chameleon setup, and it fetches the layers from
several WMS servers. I want a widget that can save each layer's data
(raster and vector data) so that when offline, my chameleon application
can still server these raster and vector data in localhost.  So my
questions are: 1) Is this possible? Has anyone tried to do this before?
2), where I can get the documentation on how to create widgets? Is there
a documentation that describes the detail of Chameleon architecture?

Thank for your help.

Matt He

Matt,

I'm not too sure I follow exactly.  You have two legends on the page at
once?  Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

As well, please post your widget definition for the legend.

Thanks,
Jay

He, Matt Yubin wrote:

> I tried to replaced the Legend Layer in sample_ogc.html with the
Legend