[Chameleon] newbie question

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 16 13:57:29 EDT 2005

Matt,

If I understand you correctly you should already be able to view your
local data when offline.  For OGC layers you would need to check if the
server has a WFS counterpart and then download the data and store it in
some kind of cache.  I don't see how this would work with a WMS-only
layer - there are too many view possibilities to work with.

Perhaps others have achieved this type of functionality?

To get started there are several Chameleon widgets that deal
specifically with OGC - their contents might reveal some of the
functionality you are seeking.

Re: Chameleon Docs: You can view the Chameleon HelpFiles online at:

http://chameleon.maptools.org/help/viewer.phtml

It doesn't contain documentation on creating a widget.  I believe this
is planned for the near future.

You can also view information on the tiki:

http://chameleon.maptools.org/tiki/

Hope this helps,
Jay