[Chameleon] Show wait image on form submit

Berend Veldkamp berend.veldkamp at aris.nl
Wed Dec 14 09:40:23 EST 2005

Hi,

With the current Chameleon implementation, the wait image is shown when
the page loads. The problem is that it takes a few seconds between a
user action (for example, dragging a zoombox) and the new page starting
to load, this confuses some users.

For testing purposes, I added "CWCDHTML_ShowLayer('ActivityLayer');"
before a form.submit() call, and this works pretty well. The problem is
that submit() is called at many places, so I'd have to change a lot of
code, and it would make the application harder to maintain.
BTW the form.onsubmit event is not fired when submit() is called from
code, so that's no solution.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Berend