[Chameleon] Installing Chameleon on FC4

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 15 22:18:25 EST 2005

Hello again,

I think I'm getting to the bottom of this...sort-of.  At least, I think
I know where the problem is occurring.  In the chameleon class
(chameleon.php), the HttpFormVars objects is created to store whatever
get/post parameters are passed to the page.  It works fine in the
constructor function, and I can execute
"$this->moHttpFormVars->isVarSet('SID')", which returns false (as it
should on a fresh load with no session id).  In the initial sample
script, I can also access $oApp->moHttpFormVars from the initial
application script (e.g., sample_enhanced.phtml).  However, when the
CWCInitialize(), $this->moHttpFormVars->isVarSet on line 447 claims to
be a non-object.

I'm guessing this is a problem with my PHP configuration (as that was
the source of my 'blank screen' installation problems on windows), and
I'm wondering if maybe Chameleon has issues running in PHP 5.  What's
more, whenever I run chameleon twice, all of the scripts that deal with
the Chameleon object (i.e. $oApp) stop working until I edit the php
files again...restarting the server and/or the browser doesn't seem to
make anything reload again, only changing the content of the php
scripts.  Has anyone had this sort of experience with Chameleon, or
maybe just PHP in general?

Regards,
Mike

However, in the CWCInitialize() function,