[Chameleon] PHP interpreter error with mod_perl installation

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:28:47 EST 2005

List serv subscribers,

I recently installed mod_perl2.0 on Apache2 web server running under Windows
XP home.  Since then my Chameleon-based web map application will not work.
The application refuses to generate a map image and hangs at the loading
image GIF and no map image is to be found in the tmp directory as well.  I
then get an error message that says that the PHP script interpreter has
encountered an error and asks to send an error report.  Standard Windows
sort of thing.  The application was running fine before installing mod_perl
and I can successfully run phpinfo.php which suggests that the web server
can indeed access the PHP script interpreter, I think.  Has anyone
encountered such problems with Chameleon or MapServer in general?  Thanks
for any suggestions or assistance offererd.

Ivan Kautter