[Chameleon] How does "LOCATE" feature works

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Dec 29 12:56:38 EST 2005

Hi,

the Locate feature is not as easily extended as it could be.  You
need to add a new service to htdocs/common/phpgeocoder/ that can do
the search you want, and also add the new service to the Locate
widget's popup dialog so it actually gets used.

For the translation stuff, Bill re-wrote that code to use text-based
files for each widget and the core.  There was some sort of document
written to describe how it works but I don't think it covered how to
add a new translation ... perhaps Bart could add some comments on
this point?  Essentially you need to have a language code that
represents your language and then copy the existing language resource
files, rename then appropriately for your language code and change
the text.

Cheers

Paul