[Chameleon] Installing Chameleon on Linux

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 9 14:15:39 EST 2005

Robin,

PHP can be built with its extensions as either loadable modules or
compiled directly into the php executable.  On windows, PHP is always
distributed with loadable modules, but on Linux it is normal to compile
extensions directly into the final executable.

Chameleon requires two modules, dbase and gd.  You can enable these when
building php by adding --with-dbase and --with-gd (I think ... check
./configure --help).

Cheers

Paul