[Chameleon] 2 Questions: Mapnotes; HitCounter

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Mon Feb 14 19:02:33 EST 2005

Hi Joan,

The hitcounter is very basic. There is a parameter in the context file
called "count_hits", which by default is set to true, I think. In the
cwc2.php file, there is a little line that calls a function in stats.php.
This function requests a few server variables, such as IP address, IP name,
and browser. It dumps these into a DBF file.

To view the statistics, you have to go through the chameleon admin pages.
You'd have to make to sure to map "admin/htdocs", and then open main.php.
There will be a link to "chameleon statistics" on the left.

I haven't used it with mySQL. You'd have to rewrite the bit that does the
database access.

regards,

Jacob

  _____