[Chameleon] IE red cross problem

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Tue Jul 12 05:16:14 EDT 2005

Hi list,

in my previous job when working with Chameleon I encountered the same problem, and now I am building a new product based on Chameleon a similar problem has arisen.

When loading the map in IE, sometimes a red cross appears. I have not been able to reproduce this in Firefox at all. It must have something to do with the image loading. Although I have never seen it happen to scalebar or reference map which are also generated by drawmap.php.

There were some threads about this in the past, one of them had as a work-around to add an OnError event to the map image, but this has a disadvantage that it can get into an endless loop.

Are there any new ideas or solutions on this? Are other people still experiencing this behaviour?

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT