[Chameleon] Extract from WFS

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Wed Jul 13 09:17:37 EDT 2005

Gail,

WFS GetFeature interface is an interface published by the OGC, the Open Geospatial Consortium. See the Mapserver WFS Server HOWTO for more info.

Just adding CONNECTIONTYPE WFS won't work, you need to serve your data using a Mapserver WFS Server, and then comsume this service in your Chameleon MAP file.

I suggest reading the Mapserver WFS Server Howto also for an answer to your last question.

Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Gail" <Gail.Millin at manchester.ac.uk> 07/13/05 01:28pm >>>
Hi Bart and Chameleon List

I have a few questions to ask about the e-mail you sent to me about WFS in
Chameleon.

>The ExtractWFS widget uses the WFS GetFeature interface to get its data. It
>can then output in the form of GML (or shapefile if you have the php_ogr
>extension).

What are you referring to when you say WFS GetFeature interface is this the
..map file?

>So if you have a CONNECTIONTYPE WMS layer in your Chameleon MAP file,
>Chameleon will see if the WMS layer is associated with a WFS interface
>using a WMS DescribeLayer request. If you have a CONNECTIONTYPE WFS layer
>in your Chameleon app MAP file, it will directly request a GetFeature for
>the appropriate bounding box.

How does the WMS DescribeLayer request get initiated?
I have added connectiontype wfs in the .map file but nothing is happening a
GetFeature request I don't think is being sent to the server, any
suggestions on why this might be?

>This does not work with LOCAL layers, only for CONNECTIONTYPE WMS and
>CONNECTIONTYPE WFS layers.

>The world_wms.map file which comes with the Chameleon samples uses the DM
>Solutions server, so the DM Solutions MAP file is setup to have a WFS
>interface and contains all the wfs_ metadata stuff.

How is the WFS interface set up and where can I find an example of what the
DM Solutions group have done to create the WFS interface?

Kind Regards

Gail