[Chameleon] Extract from WFS

Gail Gail.Millin at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 07:28:31 EDT 2005

Hi Bart and Chameleon List

I have a few questions to ask about the e-mail you sent to me about WFS in
Chameleon.

>The ExtractWFS widget uses the WFS GetFeature interface to get its data. It
>can then output in the form of GML (or shapefile if you have the php_ogr
>extension).

What are you referring to when you say WFS GetFeature interface is this the
.map file?

>So if you have a CONNECTIONTYPE WMS layer in your Chameleon MAP file,
>Chameleon will see if the WMS layer is associated with a WFS interface
>using a WMS DescribeLayer request. If you have a CONNECTIONTYPE WFS layer
>in your Chameleon app MAP file, it will directly request a GetFeature for
>the appropriate bounding box.

How does the WMS DescribeLayer request get initiated?
I have added connectiontype wfs in the .map file but nothing is happening a
GetFeature request I don't think is being sent to the server, any
suggestions on why this might be?

>This does not work with LOCAL layers, only for CONNECTIONTYPE WMS and
>CONNECTIONTYPE WFS layers.

>The world_wms.map file which comes with the Chameleon samples uses the DM
>Solutions server, so the DM Solutions MAP file is setup to have a WFS
>interface and contains all the wfs_ metadata stuff.

How is the WFS interface set up and where can I find an example of what the
DM Solutions group have done to create the WFS interface?

Kind Regards

Gail