[Chameleon] Locate widget

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Fri Jul 15 00:44:20 EDT 2005

Hi Gail,

I think you're not the first one to have tried doing that, and run into the same problem. I definitely did myself a while ago.

I don't believe that popplace.dbf is accessed at all by that widget, but I could be wrong. It gets its geographic information from a remote server. It may therefore not be too suitable for what you're trying to do.

You could try the "LocateByAttribute" widget. This allows you to search on the attributes of an object. You could add a layer with placenames to search on.

regards,

Jacob