[Chameleon] moving widgets into custom directories

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Wed Jun 1 05:58:18 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am trying to move my self-made widgets into a custom directory. It works, but only the popups (phtml files) are not found.

Is a widget aware of its web location? I guess not.

Or do I need to write the (relative) path in the widget.php file myself?

eg, now it says:

        $this->moPopup->mszLink = $_SESSION['gszCoreWebPath']."/widgets/WFSSearch/WFSSearch.phtml";

I could change this into:

        $this->moPopup->mszLink = "/stragisweb/widgets/WFSSearch/WFSSearch.phtml";

But I would rather have the widget determine its web location automagically ..... or from configuration .....

Also, how does one deal with the includes for widget.php etc.? Those need to be adapted as well.

include_once(dirname(__FILE__)."/../Widget.php");

Is there a directive just like COMMON to use for the CHAMELEON root widget directory? That would come in handy.

Any best practices?

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270