[Chameleon] Omitting Layer From Map Template Changes Image Colors

Bart Wood bartwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:20:00 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,
I've created a layer that I don't want appearing in the legend.  I've
modified the LAYER in the map file to include a meta-data tag called
"SHOWINLEGEND".   Then I've modified the legend template to not
include any layers that have the SHOWINLEGEND tag.  When I do this the
style image (a small blue dot) changes color in the map.  It goes from
blue to brown when I zoom out.  When I zoom in the dot goes back to
blue.  Any ideas out there what is happening?

I've modified the layers definition to look like this...

LAYER
 NAME "Survey"
 STATUS ON
 TYPE POINT
 LABELCACHE FALSE
 METADATA
   SHOWINLEGEND "nope"
 END

 CLASS
  NAME "OffshrSrv"
  MAXSCALE 1999999
  STYLE
   COLOR 0 204 0
   SYMBOL "imgSurveyQueried.gif"
   MINSIZE 10
  END
 END
END

And the legend template look like this...

[if name=SHOWINLEGEND oper=isnull]
  ...  do all the stuff to show the legend info  ...
[/if]