[Chameleon] Preinstall questions, for Unix and PHP 5

Gregor Mosheh stigmata_blackangel at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 22:42:01 EDT 2005

Hi, all. Two questions...

A month or so ago, I tried to install Chameleon (both
2.0.1 and the 2.2 beta) and failed completely. Several
others I know have complained of similar results, and
we're all of the opinion that the install docs are
missing a few things. So I was hoping to save a lot of
time by asking whether anyone has a procedure for
installing Chameleon on Unix. If so, could you post it
to the list, or send it to me, or (best) update the
install docs?

I hate to not be able to give specifics as to my
problems, but my hope is that someone wrote down how
they did it, and would save me the headache of
re-experiencing them. ;)

The second point:

There was a mention, though I can't track it down at
the moment, that Chameleon required a somewhat old
version of PHP and would not work with newer versions.
I'm running PHP 4.3.11 and I won't downgrade for
various reasons. Is that old PHP still a requirement,
or will 4.3.11 still work? Is anyone using Chameleon
with PHP 5?

--
Gregor Mosheh
System Administrator and Head Programmer