[Chameleon] Preinstall questions, for Unix and PHP 5

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jun 19 23:33:32 EDT 2005

Gregor,

Granted, there is something to be desired in the documentation ... but specifics would definitely assist in figuring out those deficiencies.  Aside from assistance from the *nix gurus on this list I would suggest you look into FGS (http://maptools.org/fgs/).  It's a canned MapServer environment for several flavours of non-windows systems with a pre-configured Chameleon module.

Re: PHP ... I am currently running 4.3.10 on a staging server with no issues.  If I remember correctly 4.3.11 was a minor release so I wouldn't anticipate problems.  There was an issue with MapLab and a specific version of PHP but that doesn't affect Chameleon.  I haven't personally tried Chameleon with PHP 5 so I can't comment.

Best Regards,
Jason