[Chameleon] PHP 4.4

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 21 08:23:45 EDT 2005

Bart,

I honestly have not had time to look into PHP 4.4 and the potential
impact it could have on Chameleon.

If the changes required are extensive, it may take some time to make it
compatible but I see no reason why we would not want to do this.  I
suspect that it will be more a problem for PHP/MapScript if the internal
structure is changing.  It is pretty likely that we will have to wait
for a new mapscript before we can start modifying Chameleon, if this is
the case.

I've taken the liberty of filing a bug in mapserver bugzilla to let the
php/mapscript guys assess the impact.

Cheers

Paul