[Chameleon] Query widget

Peter Kingsbury peterkingsbury at istop.com
Fri Jun 24 10:30:00 EDT 2005

Hello list,

I am trying to expose a query functionality on my mapserver.

Within my .map file, I have specified template, header, and footer
sections pointing to .html files I have created.

However, when I generate a query using the query widget, only the file
Query.php and QueryResults.phtml are used, and the dataset that I
receive as a result of the query, is the entire data set.

I'd like to know:
- Is the header/template/footer functionality of the .map file
deprecated in Chameleon?
- Must I hand-code my own query (in terms of formatting and query result
"cropping" for my own aesthetic purposes) by creating a custom Query
widget? Or is there some way to expose the .map file format's
"header/template/footer" functionality?

I've been poring over MapServer and Chameleon docs, and numerous list
posts, and the former is what I'm led to believe. Much appreciation if
someone is able to clarify!

Cheers,
- Peter